Thread: Newbie question

Default Newbie question

I'm trying to edit a music video taking out a few visual clips that I want to replace with other shots.
    Unfortunately I am losing the same amount of audio with visuals and the clips are butting together which is wrecking the whole thing.
    Can someone point me in the right direction please.
    I'm using Vegas 8 BTW

Thanks

DomDom Guest

right click the event, choose group-remove from. This will separate video from audio, then you can remove one while leaving the other in its place.

Hmmm... This will work, but I would advise caution. Going UnGroup on this Event will remain until you ReGroup the 2 again.

When I wish to edit with Vid and Aud separated - momentarily - I either hit the "Ignore Event Grouping" OR Ctrl+Shift+U. This allows for an OFF/ON option. I find this far better than the Right Click option, solely 'cos I wont be easily confused.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Hmmm... This will work, but I would advise caution. Going UnGroup on this Event will remain until you ReGroup the 2 again.

When I wish to edit with Vid and Aud separated - momentarily - I either hit the "Ignore Event Grouping" OR Ctrl+Shift+U. This allows for an OFF/ON option. I find this far better than the Right Click option, solely 'cos I wont be easily confused.
    Other side of the coin, I prefer to control my grouping (G & U) at the event level because if I do forget to re-group (or turn Event Grouping back on) I''ve then only got to re-sync the one event, rather tha search through my project for anything I might have mucked up.

On the other hand, I do take the point that Ctrl-Shift-U is a toggle and you DO get the visual reminder that ungroup is in effect with the button on the toolbar.

This is part of the beauty of Vegas - many ways to perform identical taks & many ways to perform subtly different tasks.
    Tim

Thanks guys, I was beginning to pull my hair out and I ain't much left