Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe PE video skipping

Default Adobe PE video skipping

I downloaded a DVD from Adobe PE that finally will play in my standalone DVD player.....kind of......... because it keeps skipping/stoping/pausing every few seconds.

Is this Adobe PE or is this the disk I may be using?

What version of Adobe Premiere Elements are you using and what type of video files are you trying to edit in it? Are they mpegs or vobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    What version of Adobe Premiere Elements are you using and what type of video files are you trying to edit in it? Are they mpegs or vobs?
    I am using Adobe PE 7. Not sure what you mean by what type of video files are you trying to edit in...... sorry not very technical.

When I download the video it's an avi file. Then when I edit it, it's some kind of project file. If I look at the disk afterwards on the computer it looks like the files are vobs. It gives me the option for mpegs but I just hit the button that says, make into DVD.

What kind of disc are you using?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Are you trying to edit vobs in Premiere Elements 7? That setup is not going to work. I haven't used PE7 but I do know it can use a lot more file types than previous versions, but I still think it has a problem using vobs. You will need to convert them to mpeg or avi's which is a better choice in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    What kind of disc are you using?
    I am using Memorex discs but I was thinking of going out to buy different ones today. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Are you trying to edit vobs in Premiere Elements 7? That setup is not going to work. I haven't used PE7 but I do know it can use a lot more file types than previous versions, but I still think it has a problem using vobs. You will need to convert them to mpeg or avi's which is a better choice in my opinion.
    Hi no, for editing I'm using the avi file. The Vob is what it exports to be I guess when I try to put it on the disk.

If it is an avi file, does it play back alright on your computer with no skipping or jumping? If it does then there may be a problem with the disc, try a different brand or your standalone dvd player may have a problem.

I've had a similar thing happen with PP2 so would agree it's most likely the type of dvd media. Maxell DVD+Rs have never let me down so far.

I think nearly everyone who has purchased blank dvd's gets a duff one at some stage. It's a bit like Russian Roulette, sooner or later you're going to get it in the head. Try a different make of disc and see if that makes any difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast