Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewire DV out HELP

Default Firewire DV out HELP

Hi, New to this forum and desperate for help.

I edit footage (standard DV) from a JVC GY HD201 camera in Adobe Premiere Elements 7.
    Everything works fine except for 1 problem.

If for example I have shot some footage for local TV news, and for some reason I can not submit the whole tape, I just need to edit some clips together in Elements 7 and then send it back to the camera via firewire to DV tape (this is the tape i send to the TV news)

Try as I might, I can not get a DV out from the computer to the camera.
    In Elements 7 I choose export to tape, all goes fine, it renders if needed and even starts the camera recording, but NO DV comes out.

This is the same on my (vista) laptop (firewire via express card) or my (xp) desktop via firewire socket and the same with a different camera.

I just cant get DV out of elements to tape!!

HELP.

Anyone?????

I presume the JVC has a DV-in capability? Did you try another Firewire cable? Are the sockets damaged at either end?

Yes camera(s) have DV in. I have tried 2 cameras, different leads. I can record beetween cameras via the firewire cable, but not out of premiere elements. When i export to tape, everything works, ie the film renders, elements even starts the cameras recording, but no dv signal comes out, I have been scouring the internet for days now, nothing.

so am i correct in saying that there are 2 dv ports?

each camera has 1 firewire port. the laptop has 2 ports on an express card. both ports give same results. desktop machine has 3 ports- all the same.

I just cant get DV out to tape!!

Also, in elements when it should be outputting to tape, in the elements window i get a multi language message saying "video playing on hardware" but its not. The JVC HD201 camera starts recording, but stops after 15 seconds saying "NO DV SIGNAL"
    Last edited by ehowland; 07-10-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks for that, but already read that. That tells you how to do it, which is quite simple really. I just dont know why I cant get a DV signal out of the computer(s). I can edit, burn to DVD, everything, just no DV output.

Been trawling the internet for days now, and no other reports of this!

I am not a beginner, I am a freelance cameraman, video and stills. Just latley i have needed to edit short clips for submission to TV news.

It cant be this difficult!!

maybe this? Adobe Premiere elements for dummies - Google Books

I've never recorded back onto tape from pc but I'm willing to try and help.

Thanks, but thats for recording to analogue tape. I need to record back onto a DV tape in the camera, so there is no quality loss for the broadcaster.

It seems so simple, click export to tape, camera records, job done. SO simple!!!!

I think its the firewire connection. for some reason its not outputting a signal from computer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast