Thread: Let me tell you about your childhood

Smile Let me tell you about your childhood

This is a silly little video I shot on my iphone when on my way home from work one day, where I tell you about your childhood.

How much stuff did I get right?

Just for funsies.

Blog Entries

Learn I.T. at school? Pah! Not in my day.
    I'm so old my iPhone can't even record video.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Sorry Clay. It occurred to me last night that I didn't actually comment much on the film.

I quite liked the script - though I suspect it was a collection of ideas that was planned - the actual dialogue was ad libbed. Am I right? If it was scripted word for word then it was a very natural delivery.

I really like the sound of your voice and the delivery (in previous films as well - you're an asset in front of as well as behind the camera).

Nevertheless, it failed to keep my interest throughout. I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it was better suited to a radio monologue. It does rather begger the question "Why is this a video"?

EDIT: Just watched again (I like to check things) and I take back the comment above. It actually requires us to see you - the delivery is not as strong if I close my eyes - you use a lot of mannerisms which enhance the delivery.

But it still doesn't work for me. I think once one has got the concept, understood the joke, there's nothing to really add. The idea doesn't grow as such - there are just more examples of the same.

So. It's a good gag. Repeated too often.

Other opinions are avaliable.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-11-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Tim

I appreciate very much what you're saying. The dialogue would have initially all been ad-libbed, but I wanted to do it through without um'ing or stuttering. So after a number of takes I was repeating the best bits.

True in that it maybe goes on a bit long and it's just variations on the same joke, this is the sort of quick video I don't spend a huge amount of time on. But I like creating as it's fun and easy.

Thanks for the positive comments about my performance, always good to know that I come across well.