Thread: DUEL VIEW

Default DUEL VIEW

Hi,

I have the matrox rt2000 graphic card working in dual view at the moment but i'm discovering that application like windows media player and dvd playback software only play back on the left hand screen. When i go to fullscreen or drag the application over to the right hand screen the picture disappears. Is there a reason for this? Is there a way to make it work on both screens?

Thanks

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

Try setting the screen mode to Horizontal Span. This is the same with all dual head video cards (I have an nVidia GeForce which does the same). Video overlay is only available on the primary display (in dualview mode there is a primary and secondary display, in horizontal span the displays assume primaryA and primaryB names)

Anyway, give it a go.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Hi I tried but it still doesn't work. Apparently with this card it only works on the primary diaplay monitor. Thanks anyway.
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

Blog Entries

You could get a cheapo PCI graphics card to drive the second monitor. Easier said than done!

Yeah i thought of that but i need that particular card to run the matrox rt2000 system which i still hav't got rid of. Unfortunatly it only works with that type of card.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Nick