Thread: My First Client Work

1. Default My First Client Work

I was asked by a small BMX company to make them a advert to advertise there t-shirt.

Would love some feedback

*edit* its uploaded to there space as I have used my HD uploads for the week on vimeo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilmshurst View Post
    I was asked by a small BMX company to make them a advert to advertise there t-shirt..
    The problem is - for 9/10ths of the ad, we have no idea what the ad is for! Could it be ramps? Bikes? Lessons? First principles mate. If you're selling something - sell it!

Not one shot of a t-shirt in the entire video until the end. Anyone watching that might find it difficult to understand what is being sold, ie the product isn't featured once in the entire ad. The guys on the bikes, where they wearing them? I couldn't tell as there were no close ups.

You've kept the audience too far away from the action, nice shots of them doing stunts but you won't flog any t-shirts with the way that ad is at present. Think product placement, product placement and PRODUCT PLACEMENT. Use the colours, lettering, graphics and imagery the t-shirts conjure up in the mind of the audience in your video.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 07-09-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Sorry Chris, quite apart from the comments about product placement I don't think it's up to your usual standards.

In the past I've liked the way you've framed shots and achieved a decent contrast between the subject and the background. Here the bikers are shot not only against a busy background (lots of ramps are alwats visible) but against a very well lit busy background and skylights. It really detracts from the subjects.

And do you have permission to use the music? Whilst you may get away with just having the audio pulled on YouTube or Vimeo I'm sure the publishers will take a much stronger view if it's being used to promote something as this is.

Might be worth a rethink.
    Tim

5. Default

Thank you all for the feedback, it was my first venture into advertisement and I can now learn from it.

I did photoshop a banner advert with the t-shirt into one of the clips but its only for about a second.

Thank you all.

Just watch lots of ads on tv and see how they do it. I'm sure there are lots of examples online aswell on how to go about tackling this.

Cool...Does what it says on the tin...Well done!!!