Thread: Ideal importing, editing and rendering formats for highest quality product ?

Default Ideal importing, editing and rendering formats for highest quality product ?

Hi, I have a question regarding ideal importing, editing and rendering formats for highest quality product ?

As a non techie person I would be grateful of someone can give information in an easy non jargoned way ?

a) whats the format to shoot (say in a HV 30 in PAL) and download into a PC from a camcorder , that would give me the highest quality ?

b) From that raw footage, whats the best format to do the rest of the editing ?

c) Whats the best format/encodings, to render the footage to create a highest quality uncompressed master ? to be stored and archived away for postierity?

d) And whts the best format/renderings, to render a footage for making a high quality DVD (then or late) or into any other high quality presentable format that can be shared or sent ? (Not over the internet, but be physically shared in storage devices)
    Last edited by digitalsfx; 07-07-2009 at 10:14 AM.