Thread: NewBlue Video Essentials II Any thoughts?

1. Default NewBlue Video Essentials II Any thoughts?

Hello all,

Just a newbie looking for a clue. This is my 1rst post here. I'm looking to get some good plug ins cheap and was wondering if NewBlue Video Essentials II was worth spending the $ on. I' m using Corel VideoStudio X2 and really was wondering if the NewBlue stuff would be an upgrade to the plug ins I already have.

Thanks in advance.

If you take a look at the NewBlue product you are talking about you will notice that pretty well most of the features offered are already inside the software you have.
    The difference is that NewBlue specialize in these things whereas VS includes them as existing tools.
    Generally that means that the NewBlue effects etc will be better quality, better control and more reliable because that's their bread and butter!
    However I would not personally go up to a specialized effects package until I was certain I had fully exhausted all the possibilities that existed within the software I already had.

3. Default

Thanks for the reply Lance,
    I downloaded the free trial and am quite impressed but I think you're right about exhausting the resources I have at hand. Why it didn't occur to me to just download the trial in the 1rst place I was really looking for a good green screen plug in but for the life of me I can't figure this one out. The color eq is excellent and is probably worth the $80 for the whole package. That said I think I'll wait a bit and just try and master what I have.