Thread: Recommendations for very basic DVD editing software

Default Recommendations for very basic DVD editing software

Hi everyone,
    I'm not looking for anything for anything fancy or lots of in-depth features. All I want is some way to burn video files to DVD format so that they'll play on a standard DVD player, with a menu to select them. I'm sure this has appeared many times in this forum, but I found no such results when I searched this section. In another thread, somebody mentioned Nero. I currently use Nero to burn CDs, and I have placed data on DVD-Rs for computer use with Nero version 6. Can I also burn DVD video discs with Nero 6? Also, should I convert the files to DVD "raw data" before burning them? Also, someone in another thread provided a non-working link to a guide regarding this basic processs. If you know of some other thread containing this information already, please feel free to provide a link to it. Thank you so much.

Default to use your nero, you need to convert

Nero is only capable of burning pre-authored DVD-Video VOB-files. That means that you cannot simply add MPEG-2 video files, they must be in VIDEO_TS form before we start to burn them with Burning Rom. The folder you want to burn should have a couple of .BUP and .IFO files, and a bunch of 1GB .VOB files. So if you would like to burn your DVD, first you should convert your video files to .vob format if your video was not in this format. I usually use OJOsoft VOB Converter to do this conversion. Then you should convert your vob files to VIDEO_TS form. A freeware called IfoEdit can do it for you. Then you can use your nero to burn.

Yes, you should convert your video files to DVD "raw data" before burning. But don't you think it is complicated the burning process? Now there are a lot of burning software burn your video to DVD that can play on a standard DVD player in just one step. I have found a guide on burning any video file to a playable DVD with an open source software which is called DVD Flick. See this: Hack Attack: Burn almost any video file to a playable DVD - Backup utilities - Lifehacker .Hope it will help you.