Thread: need final cut help...exporting files!

1. Default need final cut help...exporting files!

Hi guys, I have been using Final Cut for about 6 months now and I am STILL having trouble exporting my files. I mean there are so many options I am unsure which one to choose.

This current wedding video I did for a client...due to my lack of expertise, the footage turned out very grainy. I still put together a decent video, and it was time for me to export the video in order to upload on vimeo. I do not know the proper settings to use when uploading to vimeo, so I just use Final Cut's Quicktime Conversion and I just export the file with LAN/Intranet settings. When I saw this footage, I noticed the grain was ALL GONE... but has aliasing

question # 1...why did this happen?
    If I export the file as quicktime movie, the grain is all still there.

When its time for me to burn the movie, exported sending the the file to compression, and then using DVD: Best quality 90 minutes setting

when I saw the footage, GRAINY again!!

I threw the smaller file which had no grain on it but had aliasing...and the dvd, looked okay but the aliasing was still there, so obviously I'm doing SOMETHING wrong..

here's the file

pass: vimeoaccount101

Question #2: What is the best way for me to export my movies so that I see minimal grain and no Aliasing..

Thanks!

2. Default

the quality is fine, looks like you have an interlacing problem

You should export in teh same format as your footage e.g. if you shoot on a mini dv camer export it as dv-avi or if you shot in avchd export in avchd. thats the rule i live by

4. Default

how do you do that with final cut

If you go to Export > Quicktime movie

Then in the settings tab - leave as (or change to) ''current settings''

This will export the timeline in the same settings you have been editing in, which is most likely the same format you captured the footage; unless you have changed the sequence settings somewhere along the line.

This will give you an export in the best quality. It does however leave you with a finalcut .mov file which isn't the most versatile file type if you're viewing this on anything other than a mac with final cut. BUT you can easily convert it from here in to any format you like

If you do want to export it in the same format as you have tried but without interlacing you should try :

As you did before go to export > Using quicktime conversion > click the ''advanced'' tab next to ''settings''

Then click the ''size'' tab and you will see an option to check ''de-interlace source footage''

This will not always resolve interlacing issues but is the first port of call if you're trying to figure it out.

I hope this made some kinda of sense enough to help