Thread: Is this right?

Default Is this right?

Hi Guys,
    Just purchased the Canon HXA1s today and am really impresed with its performance.
    Before I've had a chance to get the IEEE Firewire kit I thought I'd plug it into the telly with the adapters to see what the image would look like.
    The images are sharp but the colour is very washed out and almost like sepia to look at. The colour in the viewfinder is great
    I've tried adjusting the camera but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong.?
    The short answer is, for me to get the firewire and stick it onto the computer.
    Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Regards
    Alan

Blog Entries

I presume you mean the XH A1 (not the HX) in which case something's wrong somewhere (That's a great help to you isn't it?).

My XH looks mind-blowing on a HD telly but it sounds like your connection is losing information somewhere It sounds a bit like your telly is expecting a composite signal and you're delivering RGB (which shouldn't be happening). Have you tried using the different settings on the telly, rather than the camcorder?

Yeah sorry XH...The telly is over 10 years old which may be the problem, although it still running a decent picture.

I'll get a Firewire kit today and see what the images are like when transferred to a computer.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Woah....

Does that mean that you're using an DS telly? If so, it's almost certainly that you're trying to get an SD telly to produce a HD picture. Make sure that you've got the Canon to output SD. Also, make sure that you have the same setting on the camcorder as the telly, older TVs required a composite signal, not the YUV which the Canon outputs. When I get home I'll have a look though the manual.

That would be really appreciated...I've a friend who has an HD telly shop.
    Will plug he camera into one of these in the morning and hopefully it'll be sorted.