Thread: I really need A NEW capture source (DVC 150 blows)

Default I really need A NEW capture source (DVC 150 blows)

After months of trying to get the DVC 150 to work with Pinnacle Studio 9 ( I can get it to work with Movie star 5 but it doesen't seem to be compatible with any other software programs..and movie star 5 is glitchy as hell) I have given up.. I have come to the point where I just want to bash it against the wall.. Yes I have installed the USB updates , i've tried it all..

There doesen't seem to be many capture sources on the market... what can I get that would be as equal or superior quality to the DVC 150??? Do video cards such as the ATI 9800 have the capability to transfer video from a VCR to a computer (that's what I am trying to do) I need suggestions thanks..

Blog Entries

What is your capture source? I presume it's analogue? In which case I would recommend you purchase on of the canopus ADVC range of devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    What is your capture source? I presume it's analogue? In which case I would recommend you purchase on of the canopus ADVC range of devices.
    How do I know if I have analogue?? Would that refer to the RED WHITE AND YELLOW WIRING??? Also what do you think would be better for capturing... using the hardware you provided.. or purchasing a high priced video card.. I am trying to CAPTURE USING MY VCR NOT CAMCORDER.. If I captured using a video card would that work with studio 9??

Blog Entries

Yes, this is analogue. For the best results, use a dedicated analogue to digital convertor as I sugested above.