Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't make DVD using DVD Architect, error: size of all menus > 1Gb

Default Can't make DVD using DVD Architect, error: size of all menus > 1Gb

Frustrated newbie with Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 9. I just captured 1 hour, 2 minutes of video from my camcorder, did a "Make Movie", sent it to DVD Architect, selected "Make DVD", and I get an error "the estimated total size of all menus is greater than the maximum of 1Gb". Sooo...Why am I getting "menu" errors? I want to create a DVD of the video/audio I just rendered...I can't seem to find anything in help to guide me, desperate to take hints from anyone here. I don't want to make a menu with my DVD, nothing fancy, just want to transfer old digital video to DVD. Sony Vegas isn't making this all that intuitive. thx, tom

can you post the error report?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by tklieber View Post
    Sony Vegas isn't making this all that intuitive. thx, tom
    - Well, I just started up SVSPlat 6 and did a straight test with a small WMV file. Faultless. I have never used the functionality of the DVD side iof things on PLAT but it was seamless. Well done SONY!

Next, and the more interesting "clue" you bring up . . .

Frustrated newbie with Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 9. I just captured 1 hour, 2 minutes of video from my camcorder, did a "Make Movie", sent it to DVD Architect, selected "Make DVD", and I get an error "the estimated total size of all menus is greater than the maximum of 1Gb".
    -There is NO way an error of this nature makes any sense at all. As you may well know, (do you?), DVDs can hold up to 4.7gb of info. So, why WOULD you get an error of greater than 1GB? If it said greater than 4.7gb, then that would make more sense - yeah? But this 1gb error is not making any sense at all . . My suggestion would be to open a Service Ticket at Sony Creative Software and get their "spin" on it.

The only other thought is that maybe you had inadvertedly opted for a VCD or SVCD. These can be burnt on "other" media types less than 4.7gb.

totally agree it doesn't make sense. What I'm keying on is that the DVD Architect software, when it starts up, puts you into a "Menu" (it literally says "Menu 1" on the screen overlayed on the video). I'll investigate further today, but I'm wondering if DVD Architect has a limitation on what you can put into a Menu??? My question, if my hunch is correct here, is that I DON'T want to create a menu, I just want plain old video/audio that I rendered. Is the software trying to put my entire 1 hour of video into a menu???

Blog Entries

My question, if my hunch is correct here, is that I DON'T want to create a menu, I just want plain old video/audio that I rendered. Is the software trying to put my entire 1 hour of video into a menu???
    My reaction on reading your original post was the same - you're trying to create a Menu with the film on it.
    I have some vague recollection of SVMS Platinum 6 (I no longer have the DVDA Studio that came with it loaded and it doesn't recognise DVDA5 so I cannot test - though that would be fairly pointless as Grazie already done the honours) that it always wanted by default to create a menu.

I suggest try again and look very carefully at what it's asking.

Failing that, you can always create a new project in DVDA and that will ask you whether you want a single movie DVD or a menu based one. (Or at least it does in DVDA 4/5)
    Tim

Tim, that was exactly it, I just didn't know how to ask my own question. I need to go back to the DVDA "show me how" stuff as I found it in there (before posting problems again!).

Default Sony DVD Architect error menu exceeds 1 gb

I need help with this same thing. And couldn't find an answer.
    I need to create a menu based DVD on DVDA. My menu has 2 short videos. I would like to create this DVD to full capacity using the 4.7 GB available on a DVD but the error says the menu size exceeds the 1 GB limit. I can't figure out a way to make the menu not include the video (which I know is what is taking up the space). Is there a linking system or what can I do to get menu size at 1 GB or less and the actual videos to use the full capacity of the DVD.
    Thanks
    Rebecca

Did you figure this out? Were you able to get 4.7 GB worth of info on the disc?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rsm View Post
    Did you figure this out? Were you able to get 4.7 GB worth of info on the disc?
    rsm - you're looking at a thread that dates from 2009....

What are the background media properties of your menu? Your original post from this morning sounds very confused....

Hi there,
    I need to create a menu based DVD on Sony DVDA. My menu needs to include links for 2 short videos. I would like to create this DVD to full capacity using the 4.7 GB available on a DVD but the error says the menu size exceeds the 1 GB limit. I can't figure out a way to make the menu not include the video (which I know is what is taking up the space). Is there a linking system or what can I do to get menu size at 1 GB or less and the actual videos to use the full capacity of the DVD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast