Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday in Tenerife

Blog Entries

Default Holiday in Tenerife

A first draft of my getaway in Tenerife. Believe it or not, it was a beach holiday! Shot on my little panasonic SD9 with no post colour correction as yet.

Great video Marc. You take the best vacations...

The only sugestions I have is at the 13-14 second mark, I would have panned up to the blue sky then pan down to the next shot, using the blue sky as a seemless transition.

The other thing is the people walking, Id wait till they walk out of frame then make your cut. I really liked the time lapes at the end. You have a great eye
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

You don't half churn them out, Marc. And evey one is a gem.
    Coupla questions.
    I appreciate you're a master of the handheld fake crane/dolly shots, but how did you achieve the fake crane shot at approx 1.10. Surely that's more than from a crouch to standing position?

You've mentioned before that some of the "brilliance" in the colour of your films comes from using Magic Bullet Movie Looks - is that the one with about 50 presets? And if s, which preset(s) do you favour. (I have a versio that came with one of my purchases of Vegas, but can't see anything that might produce the results you seem to achieve)

And the third of my two questions - what (if any) precautions did you take with your camera when shooting the sunset. I ask as an acquaintance of mine tried the same trick in Egypt and ended up frying the CCDs on his camera!
    Tim

Thats odd that he fried his CCD's.. shooting into the sun with modern cams is safe, from what I understand its only dangerous with tube cameras and I doubt many of those are even around any more..
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Was a comparatively recent (ie 2004 model) - an NV-GS400. Had to be sent back to Panasonic for repair.
    Tim

thats makes me rethink shooting into the sun
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    but how did you achieve the fake crane shot at approx 1.10. Surely that's more than from a crouch to standing position?
    Nothing other than that (as far as I can remember!)

And if s, which preset(s) do you favour. (I have a versio that came with one of my purchases of Vegas, but can't see anything that might produce the results you seem to achieve)
    I normally chose a preset amongst the stock emulation group. On the video posted here, I didn't use Magic Bullet at all.

And the third of my two questions - what (if any) precautions did you take with your camera when shooting the sunset. I ask as an acquaintance of mine tried the same trick in Egypt and ended up frying the CCDs on his camera!
    I used a polarising filter for most of the video, including the sunset. I also used a cheap camera and it was the last thing I filmed on the holiday. I wouldn't really have filmed it otherwise!

Blog Entries

To add to my reply above, my favoured preset is No 85 under stock emulation. I gives it an old home movie style.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    (Fake crane)
    Nothing other than that (as far as I can remember!)
    Maybe you're very tall? Actually I forget that a little camera movement can look like so much more on the screen.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for sharing, Marc.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Maybe you're very tall? Actually I forget that a little camera movement can look like so much more on the screen.
    Thanks for sharing, Marc.[/QUOTE]

You clearly haven't met me Tim! The subject was also higher up and coming down the stairs. And I think I was standing on a rock so could go lower than my feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast