Thread: no sound, help!!!!

Smile no sound, help!!!!

I am trying to edit a video made on my camcorder. All I want to do is be able to hear what we are actually saying, I have looked up tutorials and they seem to have the sound and video box attached when dragging. When I drag there is only one box. There is definatly sound on it but not when I use vegas. Someone help, very new to this.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder1980 View Post
    I am trying to edit a video made on my camcorder. All I want to do is be able to hear what we are actually saying, I have looked up tutorials and they seem to have the sound and video box attached when dragging. When I drag there is only one box. There is definatly sound on it but not when I use vegas. Someone help, very new to this.

Thanks
    Ok, detail detail detail please. What format is the video (if you don't know, what camera was it shot on), does the video work in anything else (Windows Media Player etc), what version of Vegas do you use - include as much as you know.

Hi Andy, The video's were taken on a sony handycam DCR-SR35 & work fine on windows media player & have edited through sony picture motion browser before but just changed to sony vegas 9.

That camcorder has a hard disk and you should be able to copy the files from it onto the hard disk on your computer. The files are recorded in mpeg format and the software might have a problem playing back the audio track but I'd be surprised if Sony Vegas can't play them back as it seems to be able to take on all formats. Unless it's a tod, mod or mkv, rmvb or some other obscure format. Can you check the files and try and find out what the file extension is?

Yeah, the files are definately MPEG & work fine when I play them with every media player! It just seems that vegas 9 is definately not picking up any sound atall, just video! I'm stumped!

Have you downloaded the latest codec packs for your computer, the k-lite codec pack is a good one, look for the full version as their is a cut down version aswell. There are other codec packs but start with that one and see if it does anything. I don't use Vegas but maybe if you go onto Sony's website it might have a Q and A section where it might list some help on that problem. They may also have a patch or update to download, always worth a try.

Blog Entries

Also check you've got the latest version of Sony Vegas 9 (Pro? Movie Studio, MS Platinum, MS Plat Pro? whichever version you have) .. there are a few updates available which will include bug fixes etc.
    Tim