Thread: What's the best way to capture AUDIO only from video source?

Default What's the best way to capture AUDIO only from video source?

I have an old concert on analog video and I'd like to capture only the audio from it and then burn it to a CD.

I already have everything necessary to import the concert from the videotape to the computer, so that's not the issue. There's got to be a way to extract the audio only........can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks in advance.........

Mike

I don't know if some video software will capture audio only, from a video source, but if you capture both as usual, as an avi file, sound manipulating software such as Soundforge will open an avi file, and then you can just save the audio track. You an also burn to CD direct from Soundforge.

Soundforge is a useful tool anyway, as you can cut, copy, loop etc bits of music etc you may want as soundtrack, and also timestretch. There is a 'light' version see here http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ct.asp?PID=945

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Can't you run the audio-out of the VCR into the microphone (audio-in) slot on you PC and then 'capture' as a voice over? Might need a special lead though.

You could use Adobe Audition to do this as well. Either capture from the audio-in slot that Millsy suggested, or import your video file into Audition and you can save the audio as its own file. The nice thing about Audition is that you can clean up the audio file as well (remove excess noise, normalize the volume, etc…). Adobe has a free trial you can use for 30 days.

James