Thread: I want a camcorder

Default I want a camcorder

to take my brother's wedding..

is this one suitable?
    wolu.co.uk
    wolu

Blog Entries

It'll do. But so would a mini DV camera at one fifth the price too. Buy a decent tripod. And (as Mark W used to say) don't obsess over the camera, obsess over your skills.

It's about right for the latest generation of camera with AVCHD capture. Be aware that you will need a fast(preferably muli-thread)processor in your PC to edit the footage effectively, but you'll be pleased with the results. As everyone says here 'Content is King', but that's down to you not just waving it about, but thinking about the shots you need before taking them, and keeping the thing steady - Do a few practice runs before the big day.

Harley

Are you making the actual wedding video for your brother or are you just taking a few shots here and there on the day? That Panasonic doesn't have an external mic socket so capturing good audio on the day will be hit and miss. If you are the official wedding video person, and wish to capture the audio as well as video, remember there are 2 parts to video, the pictures and the sound, you will need to be standing very near to the source. So no standing at the back of church or registry office shots as the audio will be crap.

Default RE:

I would suggest u to go for a HDV Camcorder. Sony HVR-A1E would be a good choice in my opinion. Its Sony’s smallest, lightest yet a professional HDV camcorder providing HDV with the 1080i standard.Take a look at this CheckCost.co.uk. One more thing I would like to add, HVR-A1E has a CMOS Sensor with Enhanced Imaging Processor which provides a number of benefits such as, wide dynamic range, Smear-less, High sensitivity, Low noise,& Low power consumption.

Shannon

Hi

In our part of the world pros and any serious amateurs usually keep away from camcorders with CMOS sensors for event videography!! There may be no smear but you have rolling shutter issues when flash is being used (and that happens a lot) CMOS chips don't like any fast movement so if you use one move slowly!! Finally use a tripod as any fast motion or bumps creates the famous "jello effect" that CMOS chips have..your image will wobble like jelly if there is any sharp motion. Try doing a quick pan with a digital still camera and you can see the effect quite easily.

However if you are just making a home movie at the wedding buy the camcorder that will serve you best after the wedding

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Softweigh View Post
    Hi

In our part of the world pros and any serious amateurs usually keep away from camcorders with CMOS sensors for event videography!! There may be no smear but you have rolling shutter issues when flash is being used (and that happens a lot) CMOS chips don't like any fast movement so if you use one move slowly!! Finally use a tripod as any fast motion or bumps creates the famous "jello effect" that CMOS chips have..your image will wobble like jelly if there is any sharp motion. Try doing a quick pan with a digital still camera and you can see the effect quite easily.

However if you are just making a home movie at the wedding buy the camcorder that will serve you best after the wedding

Chris
    Posted via Mobile Device

I'll have to get myself one of these 'mobile devices' as I feel I'm being left behind. Carrying a tower unit and 22 inch monitor around is just asking for a slipped disc.

Don't be TOO hasty!! If you look carefully at the post above the reply only contains a quote from my post and nothing else so it seems it didn't add a new message. Either technology is developing too quickly or we are not catching up fast enough. Dunno about you but trying to operate the tiny keypad with normal adult fingers isn't easy. You have to have tiny thin ones so you don't press two keys at once!!
    For now I'll stick with my house-bound system

Guess we will never know what the post from Harleyriv was going to say???

Chris

....to be honest guys, I can't remember either.....

Sent from my Gooseberry