Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motin blur after editing? help!

Default Motin blur after editing? help!

For some reason I am getting motion blur when I play back the dvd that I have just burned. I am rendering in Vegas 8 pro in 16:9 format MPEG2. Does anyone know what the heck is the problem? I am figuring that it is a setting that I am missing or something.

Thanks,

JIM

Blog Entries

Do you get MB if you play the MPEG2 file back in WMP or other players or is it only when on DVD?
    Is this present when playing DVD back on PC or TV or both?
    (I don't have suggested answers - but I'm trying to narrow it down)

And oh yes, a screen grab of the problem would be useful - and interim files (ie show it on the timeline, show a still from the MPEG, show a still from the MPEG in a DVD player)
    Tim

The blur is in every playback mode. It is even in the preview box in Vegas which tells me that it is probably a filter hidden somewhere. I know that there is a motion blur envelope to the right of the track but it doesn't do anything when I toggle it on and off. Under 'file' and 'properties' there is a 'motion blur type' and it is set to 'gausian blur'. Would that have anything to do with it? I can't see any difference between the other types when I change them.

Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jim1130 View Post
    The blur is in every playback mode. It is even in the preview box in Vegas which tells me that it is probably a filter hidden somewhere.
    Ah-hah. That indeed sounds like you've added motion blur.

I know that there is a motion blur envelope to the right of the track
    Do you mean the right? There's a "bypass motion blur" toggle on the track header on the LEFT. Could you clarify or correct please?

but it doesn't do anything when I toggle it on and off.
    Hmmm...if it was the bypass motion blur, that certainly should bypass any motion blur that's been applied.

Under 'file' and 'properties' there is a 'motion blur type' and it is set to 'gausian blur'. Would that have anything to do with it? I can't see any difference between the other types when I change them.
    Motion Blur is applied to the Video Bus - a track which by default is not visible. I can't remember the keystrokes offhand, but if you look on the View menu you should be able to view/hide it.

The Video Bus track allows you to add effects etc to the composited image produced by all the other tracks. It's a "master" if you like. It's also the only place where you can apply motion blur (but this can be overridden on a track by track basis as described above)

I do wonder whether it IS motion blur you're seeing or whether it's something else - thats' why I'm quite keen to see a capture of the image.

Anyway, you'll be able to tell by looking at the Video Bus track.

Bear in mind that with Vegas there are no less than FOUR places you can add effects. This is very flexible, but can make tracing something like this a long process.

The four places are: (wording from memory so forgive me if it's not 100%)
    On the EVENT.(right click an event, select Video Event FX)
    On the MEDIA (right click an event, select Media FX)
    On a TRACK (click on the FX icon on the track header - left of the track on the timeline). And don't forget the Video Bus TRACK.
    On the DISPLAY OUTPUT (icon above the preview window)

Hope this helps.
    Tim

Might it be something to do with selecting the wrong framerate? If the wrong framerate is selected, Vegas compensates by blending future and previous frames together, creating motion blur.

If your camera is NTSC, interlaced, use their preset. Same for pal. If it's progressive video (from, say, a camera) you need to set it up manually, with the proper frame rate.

Ok...I think I figured out what it was. I originally had a lot of noise in my video because it was shot in a low light condition. I could not find a desnow or a denoise filter in Vegas, so I was rendering just the video in vegas, importing it into Corel Video studio12 and adding a desnow filter which awesomely took care of the noise. But, true to life, it took care of one problem and added another...the blur. i found this out by rendering 10 secs in vegas and importing it to corel and it did not have the blur until I added the desnow filter. This explains why the toggle blur buttion in Vegas did not work. It was coming from Corel. Sooooo, do you know of any way to get rid of the noise in my video in Vegas?

JIM

Mike Crash Homepage - Downloads

Dynamic Noise Reduction should do the trick.

Where is the "Dynamic Noise Reduction"? I can't find it anywhere.

Click the link, it's on that page.

Dude, you are awesome! Thanks! That is exactly what I have been looking for! Is there any more filters out there that I can get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast