Thread: Completely new to vid editing - video upload problems

Default Completely new to vid editing - video upload problems

Hi Guys,

Just started on Pinnacle version 10, I am not brilliant with computers but have managed to knock a couple of 'music' videos together using a small DV camcorder.

However, I can only use videos that I have recorded straight onto pinnacle on the 'capture' tab, the camera has to stay linked in to the computer to do this, and the capture source option has to be set to 'video device source', 'NTSC'. I cannot edit videos that have been recorded normally, e.g outside the house, then loaded onto the hard drive. When I select these videos to be edited, Pinnacle imports them, but then Pinnacle runs very slowly and only shows a blank green video.

So my videos have been a few silly ones of mates drinking, etc in the room, and also with no sound. I need to figure out how to bring videos from the hard drive to Pinnacle (windows media plays them fine) - any suggestions?

What camera are you using, and what type of files does it create?

Its not the best... some little 'Traveller' handycam thing from Aldi I think, an I think it creates 'AVI' files? if that isnt right if i just find them on the hard drive and look at the properties of the videos that should tell me there should'nt it?

You should be able to drag avi files from their location directly onto the Pinnacle timeline - Give it a try and get back to us.