Thread: Help creating bad picture effect!

Default Help creating bad picture effect!

Hey i'm new here, i've been searching the web for hours trying to find a tutorial or plug-in to help me achieve an effect that can be seen here:

The very bad picture signal effect is the look i'm trying to achieve (0.6 on the video) Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

its not to clear on the video, but have you tried the TV effect you can make a bad looking image, sort of bad reception, there is also a noise generator (I Think) under generated media, and you could combine the two with transparency or use the ways of by using child parent relations and matts

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    its not to clear on the video, but have you tried the TV effect you can make a bad looking image, sort of bad reception, there is also a noise generator (I Think) under generated media, and you could combine the two with transparency or use the ways of by using child parent relations and matts
    Yeah sorry for the video quality it's the best one I can find but if you pause the video at 0.6 you can see the purple sort of pixels on the screen that's what I want to create, the TV simulator doesn't give that effect it's very basic :/ thanks for your help though.

What are matts btw?

Here's a cap of what i'm talking about just to be clear, the orangey bits, anyone know how I can create sometig like that?

Last edited by Digital_Spit; 06-17-2009 at 10:25 PM.

how about making a template with those blocks on and use that give you the desired look
    using that as a Matt