Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derek

Unhappy Derek

Can someone please explain to me why my audio and video clips keep getting mix with each others, eg: the audio from one clip seems to attach itself to another video clip, and sometimes when I open a clip there is only the audio but no pic's. I would be very grateful for some help on this problem, Thanks in advance. PS I use adobe prem 6.5 with Canopus Raptor RT card. Regards derek

What format are the video files? Avi, mpeg, wmv's? If they are mpeg's and you are trying to open them in Adobe that could be the problem as Adobe cannot playback mpegs well. You may need to convert them to avi which Adobe can use.

Default mixed audio and video AVI clips adobe 6.5

Thanks for your help, I am using adobe 6.5 avi's . On the same drive some projects are 4:3 and others are 16:9 could this be the issue.
    regards Derek

Some clips being in 4:3 and others being in 16:9 wouldn't explain why you are getting the problems you have. It sounds very strange how the audio from one file is attaching itself to another file. Where did you get these clips from, did you record them yourself or did you download them from some website? Do you have the latest video and audio codecs installed on your computer? Premiere 6.5 is going back a bit now and maybe with age it is having problems rendering some file types properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Some clips being in 4:3 and others being in 16:9 wouldn't explain why you are getting the problems you have. It sounds very strange how the audio from one file is attaching itself to another file. Where did you get these clips from, did you record them yourself or did you download them from some website? Do you have the latest video and audio codecs installed on your computer? Premiere 6.5 is going back a bit now and maybe with age it is having problems rendering some file types properly.
    Hi Thanks Nikosony, All the footage on my hard drive was shot by me, some using my older Panasonic mx8 single chip camcorder and some from my latest Canon xm2 camcorder, I changed cams because our video club is filmiming now in 16:9 for our currant project and my Panasonic only shot in Cinama mode and was conflicking with other 16:9 footage from other members, and no I probily hav'nt downloaded any codecs for a while as my editing pc is not conected to the internet, by the way my spec isa 1.8 Athlon, 1.256 Ram, A 500 Gb H/Drive +60 Gb System and Capture with Canopus Raptor RT card and edit with Adobe 6,5 but also using Raptor filters.
    regards Derek
    Last edited by derekasquith; 06-20-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Hi Thanks Nikosony, All the footage on my hard drive was shot by me, some using my older Panasonic mx8 single chip camcorder and some from my latest Canon xm2 camcorder, I changed cams because our video club is filmiming now in 16:9 for our currant project and my Panasonic only shot in Cinama mode and was conflicking with other 16:9 footage from other members, and no I probily hav'nt downloaded any codecs for a while as my editing pc is not conected to the internet, by the way my spec isa 1.8 Athlon, 1.256 Ram, A 500 Gb H/Drive +60 Gb System and Capture with Canopus Raptor RT card and edit with Adobe 6,5 but also using Raptor filters.
    regards Derek

I have never used a Canopus Raptor RT so it might have some settings, did it come with any software? that you could adjust the settings and see if that has any affect? Are you getting complete captures with no frame drops using this system?

Hi Yes I have checked and played around with the settings and yes all seem to capture very well despite my low spec, I sometimes get the odd glitch though.
    Derek

Blog Entries

how much disk space do you have spare? defragmenting is known to have worked for sch problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Losing audio sync and the 'odd' glitch may be symptomatic of the low spec your computer has. I'm only guessing here but is the audio and video captured into two separate sockets on the Raptor capture card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast