Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Motion in Sony Vegas 8.0 Laggy/Choppy Problem

Default Slow Motion in Sony Vegas 8.0 Laggy/Choppy Problem

I am sort of new to Sony Vegas and am having difficulties with slow motion clips on my montage.

Please watch in [HQ] - Choppy Slo-mo parts: (1:00-1:06) (1:30-1:37) (1:40-1:47) etc.

Notice on most of the slow motion parts in my montage get very choppy and laggy and unappealing. Why isn't it smooth? For example, like the slow motion part from (1:06 to 1:14) <---- I want my slow motion parts smooth as that one.

I rendered it in the "WMV" format with a "default template" If that matters. But I have rendered many other formats (avi,mpeg,etc.) with the same slow-mo choppiness result.

Please Help!
    Thanks.

-FeaReD
    Last edited by FeaReD-x; 06-15-2009 at 05:20 AM.

40 views and no help?

I'd like to add that I added velocity bands to each slow-mo'd clip, the bands were dead in the center. But it still is jittery after I render it.
    This is so frustrating. Help please.

Wow... No posts huh?

First thing I have to ask is why s the slo-mo good at the points you mention, what is different there?

2 if you right click the clip and go to properties there is some additional options there.

3 If the original footage is not full frame rate (eg 25fps UK) then slowing down a half frame rate (12.5) it would look worse,

I have found using a free program called de-shaker seems to make slow mo even better (no idea why)

download here
    Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Scripting Messages
    New Deshaker 1.1.0.0

Last edited by Z Cheema; 06-16-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    First thing I have to ask is why s the slo-mo good at the points you mention, what is different there?

2 if you right click the clip and go to properties there is some additional options there.

3 If the original footage is not full frame rate (eg 25fps UK) then slowing down a half frame rate (12.5) it would look worse,

I have found using a free program called de-shaker seems to make slow mo even better (no idea why)

download here
    Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Scripting Messages
    New Deshaker 1.1.0.0
    The slow-mo part at 1:00 - 1:06 is smooth. That is the good example, the ones on top are bad and jittery.
    I live in the USA so maybe the full frame rate might be different? Let me know.
    Also I downloaded the Deshaker, hopefully it'll help me. Thanks in advance.

Yeah that Deframer thing is a pain. I did everything that site said and I even went to see how people troubleshooted the error u get when you run the script, I made the log file and I still get the error. So the hell with that.
    How do I simply fix the jitter on some of the slow mo clips?

Your TV frame rate is 29.9 so I would make sure the game machine is outputting that at least (NTSC), also you need to make sure what ever capture program you are using will allow the full rate in record/capture

Are you sure you are running Vegas 8 pro and not the platinum version? that is the only reason de-shaker would not work.

My capture program's frame rate is at 29.97 and my tv is on standard def 480i. So there's no problem there.. Yes I am running Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

No help here, anyone know where I can find help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast