Thread: Exporting from DVD files using Premiere Pro v7

Default Exporting from DVD files using Premiere Pro v7

hi,
    i'm using Adobe premiere pro v7.
    my camcorder uses mini dvd.

i manage to edit directly on the VOB files with adobe premiere pro using MEGUI and Premiere AVS plugin.

on the start, if i choose the preset DV-PAL
    Standart 48kHz (which is like the one of my camcorder..) and export it in the usual export movie option,
    the quality becomes bad when there's movement of the camcorder. the quality is not as gud as the original VOB file.

So, i start to explore on my own and i manage to come up with a decent result.

i've made my own presets that resembles the most with the VOB files to reduce formatting effect and when export, i choose adobe media encoder and also made my own preset using the aspect of the original VOB file.

the result is an mpeg2 file with decent quality, almost resemble of the original without any quality image reduced when the camcorder moves.

but..
    the problem with mpeg2 file is that, well, its not AVI. means, gets stuck a bit for a first time play especially at the moment where there's a lot of graphic movement by adobe editing.

If i want to present my work to my friends, there will be some skipping on the part which i've worked hard to make the graphics and the video is not so smooth. i use WMPlayer to play my videos. the video only become smooth on the second or third play.

i envy those gud quality yet small size downloaded films from the internet.
    they say its dvdrip. how they do that? keeping the dvd quality gud yet in small size. And smooth too!

What is the proper way to export videos from a VOB files to a format such as AVI without destroying the quality?

i've tried a lot of software before, yet the result is the same, that's y editing directly on the VOB is the best way for me. yet, can someone tell me what's the best way to export it?

please...

Im sorry i would like to help you but i cant understand why you are trying to edit a DVD file from a Mini DV camera??

Gud isnt a word! and DVD ripping is wrong - So im guessing that you realy want to know how to rip a DVD so that the quality is still "good" but in an AVI file..... Am i correct?

Mitch

"why you are trying to edit a DVD file from a Mini DV camera??"

-its a dvd camcorder. it uses mini dvd.. i would like to edit because... well, i want to edit it..

"Gud isnt a word!"

-result of chatting n neglecting the correct spelling.

"DVD ripping is wrong"

- i didnt say it's right. i was just talking about the quality..

"So im guessing that you realy want to know how to rip a DVD so that the quality is still "good" but in an AVI file..... Am i correct?"

- u r 50% correct. my question is more about the best exporting way after u've done editing a VOB files with Adobe premiere pro. Having a gud AVI formatted video is the best result i wish to have.

sorry for the 'r' which means 'are', 'n' for 'and' and other words that i neglect its real way of spelling. my fingers r already used to it with keyboard..

appreciate u're the only one trying to help me..

Having just re-read the original post i can see that it does say DVD, im sure it only said dv last time oh well my mistake.

I know the "Slang" & "Incorrect pronunciation" for certain words, and pointing them out to me isnít going to get me to help you. Correct grammar would have.

Hope you find what you were looking for.

Nice to see your in a good mood today Mitch.

When you export try exporting as uncompressed avi and then from that re-encode it to lets say DIVX