Thread: A little help, please…

Default Video collage: a little help, please…

Hi!
    I need your help, guys. I’m new to video editing. I need to create some training videos. The plan is that the instructor is going to be filmed commenting on some sport videos playing on the background. So, as I understand, it’s going to involve combining 2 videos (instructor video + sport video) into one and a green screen. I’m pretty familiar with Photoshop and I guess the same can be done to video footages. Can you please give me an advise on how can it be done, what software and hardware I’m going to need to accomplish that.
    Thank you.
    P.S. Below are 2 photos , which illustrate well what I mean.

Last edited by Chikatan; 06-14-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Adobe premier pro or after effects can do what you want using "Chroma Keying"

Any of the editors listed on this forum such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Elements 7, Sony Vegas etc can do chromakeying. Just go onto the company's respective website and go to the download section and download a 30 day trial version and see which editor you like best.

For the instructor to be able to comment you will need to set up a monitor just off screen so he can see the actual video that you will be inserting into the background during post production. Try and get him to look at the greenscreen to give the impression he can see what is their but in reality he is just looking at the cloth but at the same time he can see the monitor.

Synchronising everything again in post production, so he is talking about what is seen onscreen may take a few attempts to get it sounding and looking right.

Default training course on keying

Thanks guys. I do have an access to Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 , so I don’t need to download 30 days trial. I obtained Lynda.com Premiere Pro Essential Training DVD but it has no mention of keying. Can you recommend me some training material so I can learn properly how to do it? Thanks.

You don't need a tutorial on keying. What you are planning to do is very simple. It's your classic weather forecaster standing in front of a greenscreen in a studio and having two or three monitors to look at and seeing the composite video in them. All you need it is a large greenscreen, a few lights, a good camera, microphone, a monitor so your instructor can see the video (burn a copy of it onto a dvd and connect the dvd player to your monitor) that is goiing to appear behind him when you edit the video.

When you are finished recording capture the video in Adobe and put the instructor on video track 2 and the sport videos playing on track 1. That way you can cut a hole in track 2 (above) and let the contents of track 1 show through.