Thread: Gun Fire

Default Gun Fire

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to achieve the effect of the burst of fire you see coming out of guns in the movies. The blank firing guns available for purchase don't have the fire flash out of the barrel after they are fired. Any have any advice?

Thanks,
    Steven Bogda

In 'Final Hit', my competition entry, I used a clip from an artbeats collection I got somewhere.

It was full frame so I just used Premiere to resize, move anmd rotate it into place.

However, I've now got Particle Illusion and there are a few wonderful muzzle flash 'emitters' so email me with your requirements and I'll make you a few if you want. You only really need one or two frames for a muzzle flash and, like me, you can reuse the same flash for every gunshot.

What is Particle Illusion? A program? Or part of Affter Effects? I would like to try to create a flash on my own to see how it works out

Thanks,
    StevenBogda

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBogda
    What is Particle Illusion? A program? Or part of Affter Effects?
    Particle Illusion is a stand alone s/w package from Wondertouch for animating particles. More normally this woul dbe fire, water, fireworks, smoke etc but there is a library for it that cointains muzzle flashes as well, of different kinds. It will even generate the spent cartridges ejecting from the gun too in a steady stream too

Once generated you composite in AE but it's not an AE plug-in - yet.

You can download a demo from www.wondertouch.com however the demo places a watermark over all exported movies and you may not change library so, sadly, you will not be able to generate any gunshot muzzle flashes from it.
    This is why I simply offered to do it for you and send a few stills, if you tell me what you're after.