Thread: 3 simple Premiere questions

Question How to: making round edges, video go black, typing effect

3 simple Premiere questions:

1) how to make round edges?
    - the little pict is the picture i want to put on the tv but the tv's screen has round edges..

2)Easiest way to make a typing effect on the title? (one by one letter)

3) How to make video turns black without using the black background combining with Dissolve transition?

thanks 2 anybody who can give me a few tips.. (^_^)
    Last edited by ADE1Y; 06-11-2009 at 09:34 PM.

You would make a mask.. I have no idea how to do it in premiere, but someone should be along shortly to help you out
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    You would make a mask.. I have no idea how to do it in premiere, but someone should be along shortly to help you out
    a mask??
    and, can u recommend me a software that u know can do this?

i've manage to resolve a bit for the first problem but still cant get that round edge shape.

this should be done in after effects but that doesn't mean it can't be done in premiere.

Lets do a "mask". make a new sequence and drag that image onto the timeline and now make a title, and in the title using the various shapes make a green shape covering where you want the video to go. Save the title and drag it onto track two, make sure the image and title play for the same duration, it can be absolutely anything.

Ok now in a new sequence, or one your main video is in, put the video you want onto track one and put the sequence you just made above your video. now goto the effects selection thing (can't remember the name, botom left of screen) and search for color key. now drage this onto the sequence of the tv and the green box, now under effect contols change the color key to green by using the color pipet tool.

THANKS!! appreciate your reply. will try it!

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    this should be done in after effects but that doesn't mean it can't be done in premiere.

Lets do a "mask". make a new sequence and drag that image onto the timeline and now make a title, and in the title using the various shapes make a green shape covering where you want the video to go. Save the title and drag it onto track two, make sure the image and title play for the same duration, it can be absolutely anything.

Ok now in a new sequence, or one your main video is in, put the video you want onto track one and put the sequence you just made above your video. now goto the effects selection thing (can't remember the name, botom left of screen) and search for color key. now drage this onto the sequence of the tv and the green box, now under effect contols change the color key to green by using the color pipet tool.
    i'm sure that would work. But i would simply create an image of the black border in my fave image editor (Photoshop) whcih has transparebnt areas and simply drop it over the top of my footage to give the border.

and what's wrong with the fade onto a black image for the last bit. you could do similar by simply changign opacity but that is basically the same thing. what are you trying to achieve exactly?

I've never thought of doing it that way! Cheers.