Thread: Do youtube remove 'duplicate' submitted videos?

Default Do youtube remove 'duplicate' submitted videos?

Do youtube remove 'duplicate' submitted videos?

if you submit the same 1 video, under 1 utube account on your utube channel 10 times , will utube remove the 9 because it wil recognise you uploading the same file?

what about if you submit this video under 5 seperate utube accounts (=5 separate channels) will they allow this? and Not remove them?

i seen many identical videos on utube posted 7+ times, just wondering how they do it without their video getting removed ?

and is adding the same video many times allowed, with utubes terms and conditions?

No they dont delete them. Youtube relies on people reporting violations. they get 1000's and 1000's of videos uploaded a day, they cant monitor all that with out the members
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Bit of a complex multi part question, I will add my 5 cents worth.

Youtube do not police uploads if they are multiples of the same video as each upload is branded with a different URL.

If for some reason you find your content has been ripped and uploaded there is a simple online form to fill out to flag the video in violation of yours, but it's up to you as a producer to act, not the tube.

I have had to do this twice on youtube and once on metacafe, although I do not use a metacafe account.

Luckily I have a number of good friends who tend to find my stuff which has been ripped before I find it, i did not waste time warning people I just flag and notify the tube, for me they act very swiftly once informed of the offending video, I will have to give them credit there on that.

There has been a trend of people putting up a channel of say what they feel is youtube news, then these tubers go around ripping videos without asking for any permissions form the original producers as they add their own news intro to the video and usually a end piece.

A few weeks back I did some very simple videos about a chocolate bar and a tuber decided it was worthy news for his channel as 'news of the week', another tuber I know reported it to me so in a way the police are your networking friends on the tube.

As for the seemingly hundreds of multiple uploads of news items I don't know how this can be stopped, it's been going on as long as I can remember on the tube and I can only suspect the people doing this are either kids or think it's clever doing so, maybe it's somehow public domain but I really can't say.

It's gone well past the Truman Show...and thats scary.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

if you submit the same 1 video, under 1 utube account on your utube channel 10 times , will utube remove the 9 because it wil recognise you uploading the same file?

what about if you submit this video under 5 seperate utube accounts (=5 separate channels) will they allow this? and Not remove them?

i seen many identical videos on utube posted 7+ times, just wondering how they do it without their video getting removed ?

and is adding the same video many times allowed, with utubes terms and conditions?

please look at the second line of rollingstocks reply, he answered your question
    Wil

Software Used:

It's because youtube checks to see if they have a file exactly the same uploaded before.

If your uploading the same video 10 time, it will get denied 9 times. the reason why there are so many duplicates that are uploaded and not rejected it because they're all using a different file. one of them might be a wmv, one might be mpeg2, another might be xvid etc... so although the content is the same, the file's they uploaded are physically different.

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    It's because youtube checks to see if they have a file exactly the same uploaded before.

If your uploading the same video 10 time, it will get denied 9 times. the reason why there are so many duplicates that are uploaded and not rejected it because they're all using a different file. one of them might be a wmv, one might be mpeg2, another might be xvid etc... so although the content is the same, the file's they uploaded are physically different.
    Thats not true, Please only reply to things you know about. Posting things just to post them dose a disservice to the person asking the question..
    Wil

Software Used:

WEll that's what's happened to me.

I even tried it out.

i works out whats the same by checking if it has the same file already uploaded once. it can't check the content as it's all done automatically, this is the next best thing.