Thread: Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 rewritable discs.

Default Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 rewritable discs.

I have bought rewritable discs for my Handycam. I made a 30 min movie. Then I finalized my movie, then from the disc I put the movie onto my computer for editing. I then put the rewritable disc back into my Handycam, unfinalized the disc, ready to shoot another movie. I noticed the last movie was still on the disc, the problem is that I can't find an option to delete the last movie on my Handycam, does anyone know how to do this?

First off Id never use a dvd camera.. There not designed to be edited. there point and shoot finalize and thats it.. By editing them you're taking a highly compresses format, mpeg. and trying to work with it..

Have you tried to erase it in you're pc? Another option is using write once disc.. theire cheap and you'll have the raw footage later if you need it..
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    First off Id never use a dvd camera.. There not designed to be edited. there point and shoot finalize and thats it.. By editing them you're taking a highly compresses format, mpeg. and trying to work with it..

Have you tried to erase it in you're pc? Another option is using write once disc.. theire cheap and you'll have the raw footage later if you need it..
    I have not tried the Handycam pc software, but I'm thinking that is the way to do it. I'll load the software and see if there is an option in their. Thank you for your reply.