Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chroma Key

Default Chroma Key

Hi everyone,

I am trying to record a video, and use chroma keying effects to make its background transparent.. or at least this is what I thought should work. My intention is to add the video into a powerpoint presentation, without seeing the videos background on the powerpoint.

Is this possible... if so how would this be achieved?

thanks lots!!

you would need to film in front of a blue or green screen.. as long as there is a dramatic difrence between what your talent is wearing and the screen color. Make sure there is no wrinkles and the background (screen) is evenly lit, no dark or showdows no bright spots either. Also make sure you talent is atleast 3 feet away to make sure they dont cast a shadow. 3 point lighting will help as well. After you film and you're happy with it. import it into your editor..and look for the chroma key function.. I cant be specific about that because I don't what you're using.. But post back and someone will help you
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    you would need to film in front of a blue or green screen.. as long as there is a dramatic difrence between what your talent is wearing and the screen color. Make sure there is no wrinkles and the background (screen) is evenly lit, no dark or showdows no bright spots either. Also make sure you talent is atleast 3 feet away to make sure they dont cast a shadow. 3 point lighting will help as well. After you film and you're happy with it. import it into your editor..and look for the chroma key function.. I cant be specific about that because I don't what you're using.. But post back and someone will help you
    Thanks!!!!

I understand the Chroma part... however,... the video will be about a person explaining something... so how would I make the background of such video transparent so that I can add the video to powerpoint and have the guy walking around in powerpoint explaning with the powerpoint as a background.... I dont know if I explain my self correctly....

thanks lots!!

AH!!!

Ok when you remove the greenscreen or what ever color goto export and then under setting change to codec to uncompressed and make sure you've got Millions+ colors, the plus is important

What are you using Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere Pro, AE or something else?

great! ill try that.. I just want the guy to be walking around the powerpoint presentation with no video background... as if it was part of the powerpoint presentation... thanks lot!

Im using Adobe Premier Pro..

Any luck?

Smifis,

No man... I still see the black scare of the video's background... :S

I haven't used Powerpoint in a long time, but are you sure Powerpoint can do this? Can it import video files that have an alpha channel (transparent background) and layer it on top of a presentation? This is what you are trying to create, whether Powerpoint can do it or not is another matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast