Thread: What should I do?

Default What should I do?

Its finally official. I am middle aged.

Well my middle daughter, a fine looking (takes after her dad) 21 year old has announced her engagement. She is due to get married in the summer of 2006 (sadly her Husband to be is not even a Partick Thistle supporter).

Immediately (sad as I am) my mind has turned to the subject of the wedding video.

Lara (my daughter) does not fancy the idea of my walking her part way down the aisle only to run off and adjust a CAM setting or two.

My main problem is that, as far as wedding videography goes, there is a lot of rubbish out there. What should I do? What would you do?

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Blog Entries

I would book me

Even before I'd got down that far, I knew you'd say that Marc

PJ - have you got any friends you'd trust with videoing? Being the father of the bride, you'd have to devote all your attention to the couple and spend absolutely no time at all fussing over the camcorder.

Default Re: What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    sadly her Husband to be is not even a Partick Thistle supporter
    Hardly surprising

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    My main problem is that, as far as wedding videography goes, there is a lot of rubbish out there. What should I do? What would you do?
    Well, hopefully you know someone who is good a shooting video. Get them to film it, you can still edit it. If not, then forget about it. At the end of the day you will want to enjoy the wedding, which will be somewhat hampered if you are constantly stuck behind the camera. Not to mention that people will be constantly coming up and interrupting you because they know you (and they will act differently infront of a camera held by someone they know).
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Looks like I might have to ask Mr Peters to Quote Me Happy.

Its long long way from Kent to East Kilbride though!

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.