Thread: my first music video -nikon d90

1. Default my first music video -nikon d90

hope you guys take the time and check it out

[ame=""]keygrip, if i could (you know i would) shot with Nikon D90 and Lensbaby on Vimeo[/ame]

please let me know what you think of it-honestly.
    your comments are highly appreciated.
    thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 06-09-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: fixed embed link

nicely shot mike, very pro looking

cant believe 40 odd people have viewed this and no comments

3. Default

thanks enc!

Western Europe

Very nicely done, you certainly have the music genre nailed down pretty much. Just a few technical points I saw in the video, you move the camera from the face to the lead singer to the left and then down but it seems like you are undecided about what direction to go in? Is that a finger or part of someones hand coming in from the right side later in the video? Maybe a little bit too much use of the Lensbaby which does a great job by the way, but perhaps you need to ease back on it. Maybe a bit more visual variety, in a music video you can go a bit mad with things compared to other genres, a few outdoor shots, maybe a pretty girl next time?

5. Default

thanks for the pointers Nikosony. I agree - there is definitely room for improvement-and yeah, a bit overused, the lensbaby. I have learned alot shooting this video, aware of what I did wrong and what works. will try to iron it out on the nxt one.

Blog Entries

I agree with Nikosony on this one. I eagerly anticipated another Mike Kobal video, but I was to some extent dissapointed. You drew the viewers attention to something, and yet you decided it wasn't what we should really see. This happened again and again and I soon lost interest and clicked stop. This despite me wanting to listen to the music. Harsh comments from an amateur, I know. But I'm also a viewer. And I've seen your other work. You have a great eye, but this one passed me by.

7. Default

thanks marc peters, of course I want to hear the negative also, will try to improve on the next one

Thumbs up

Greetings :.)

I like the look of it, I think it really suits the music. If it had too much going on you would lose the dreamy sense that the song brings.

9. Default

thanks purplequavers

I liked it. Good job!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes -

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber