Thread: MMORPG's

Default MMORPG's

Anyone here play any?

Currently I play Eve Online (see, I'm just a big kid at heart). If you are on Eve then look me up (Polaris Lumine).
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Nope, it's all FPS for me. I'd take multiplayer Halo or Battlefield 1942 over an MMORPG any day. Might have something to do with the fact that I have a craptacular internet connection.
    AMD Sempron 2600+ (Socket 754; 1.6GHz)
    Chaintech VNF3-250
    768MB Crucial PC2100 (I know, I really need PC3200 :()
    ATI Radeon 9200

Yup I love the FPS games too. However, Eve Online is quite unique. Nothing quite like playing a game with 12000 other users on at the same time sharing the same persistant universe (i.e. we're all in the same gaming world).
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Speaking of which... My son wants (among many other things) FFXI for Xmas. (Also UT2004) I understand that the idea of FFXI is that you pay a monthly fee to play online? And is there a UK community for it now? - I think it was launched here much later than in the USA. Anyone knowing anything?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

IMHO the best online game is Carom 3d - www.carom3d.com - a 3d snooker/pool/billiards game where you can play against other people.

'loody brilliant (especially when I play someone as rubbish as me, and it ends up taking us 35 minutes to play one game of snooker )

Don't know anything about FFXI myself but found this link which might be of interest to you:

http://www.ffxionline.com/

Seems to refer to a European community
    Lloyd