Hey everyone, this is my first post so i'll throw in an introduction too.
My names matt, I'm a trial biker and i have an interest in photography too, i've decided to get in to filming as well. I have just bought a Samsung VP-D351 camcorder second-hand with some lenses thrown in. I am a real amateur with all of this, so don't attack me with jargon, i've come here to learn.
so now it's question time:
- I need a step-up ring to fit my camera, the lens/thread width is 30 (i don't know the name of the symbol, but it's the crossed out zero one) to the adaptor for my fish eye lens, the writing on the side reads "RAYNOX RA5237 F52-M37mm"
- After downloading the manual i've found the interface for my camera to PC is "IEEE 1394" which with my brief googling means it's a firewire port correct? i'm only used to USB, my laptop doesn't have any firewire ports, is there a firewire-to-USB cable? do i need some kind of adapter? my laptop has a few ports i'm not quite sure what theyre used for, what is the symbol for firewire please?
- I need to source some mini DV tapes, what brands are recomended? how much should i pay? where am i best to buy them from? are all DV tapes made to the same sizes or do i need samsung specific ones?
- Can anyone recomend a good free video editing software, is there a gimp equivalent for video editing?
- Is there any equipment i should look to buy to help with filming, i have a tripod and lens cleaning gear already, is there anything else worth picking up?
just a point to add, i'm a student with a part time job, so expensive solutions, or telling me to buy a new camera won't be an option any time soon