Thread: Problems with sound on dvd

Default Problems with sound on dvd

Could somebody please help me. I'm using Premier Pro V2 and have been successfully burning dvds I made for a potential client. However, I now seem to have a problem with the audio where the 'talk' track doesn't play but the music does on the client's dvd. I haven't changed any of the settings and am using one of the presets (PAL DV 16:9 High Quality, 4MB 2Pass). The audio format is PCM, frequency 48 khz. I've tried different presets but get the same problem. The dvds play fine on my two players but not on my client's, whereas previous copies of the dvd did play on her machine. Could there be something wrong with my burners or could my software have developed a glitch? Would be grateful to hear anybody's thoughts as I have a deadline to get this sorted. Thank you.

It doesn't sound (excuse the pun) like there's anything wrong on your end. Either your client has got a new dvd player that doesn't allow all the audio tracks to be heard or she hasn't figured out how to make all the audio tracks available on her dvd player. Did she get a new dvd player recently or did she change any settiings from previous times?

BINGO !! Thank you Nikosony. I've just spoken with her and she said her DVD player is four years old. I told her it must be her player so she then fiddled with some buttons on her TV remote and pressed something called A/B and all sound was restored. Rellef all round. Thanks again.