Thread: Sony Vegas Custom FXs Presets are Saved Where?

Default Sony Vegas Custom FXs Presets are Saved Where?

I am needing to copy my custom presets, from vegas 7 and transfer them to another pc on vegas 8.
    Anyone know how?

Im not sure off hand.. have you looked in the program file folder. There should be a preset folder that you can copy and paste.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

yes i've looked, there is no preset folder where i could paste the fx's to..

Some things wrong then I just looked in my program file <sony < vegas 8.0 < presets
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

I think you'll find the settings are all stored in the Registry. Wil - I don't have a presets folder in either my Vegas 8 or Vegas 9 folders - I wonder if you've used some other utility which has created them. Or maybe it's cos you've upgraded - I seem to recall a presets folder in the past.

Does the Preset Manager - free download available here: Sony Creative Software - Download: Utilities do the job?
    Tim

Of all the topics in VEgas, I find this the most tortuous: The Transfer of Presets.

OK, I can make and save Presets. I have them on my PC and they have, over the years, climbed thru the various incarnations of Vegas and are still with me today. I can see one in V7 and it is there in V8 and now in V9. OK. But The Preset Manager does not Manage the SAVED Presets. It does, however, manage the Filter Packages I would have made and it is these Plugin Filter Packages that Preset Manager , manages. OK . . I said it was tortuous .. IF I had created a Preset and saved it it WILL follow the upgrading process and present itself to me. BUT if I have got filter packages that have within themselves Presets created from within PC-A I am not convinced that THEY will be transferred when I would use Preset Manager to load these Filter Packages onto PC-B. However, we can ALL share between ourselves Filter packages and import them into the Plugin-Manager.

OK . . . I once stupidly deleted my Audio and Video Presets, but having backed-up my system disc and had located the very odd preset individuals deep within the registry i was any easy case of Restore them. Copy and Paste? Eh . . . not so much . . ?

So, I don't know IF I have been of any assistance or not, but at least I would have imparted my experience on this subject and if you can glean ANYTHING from it, then good!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post

OK . . . I once stupidly deleted my Audio and Video Presets, but having backed-up my system disc and had located the very odd preset individuals deep within the registry i was any easy case of Restore them. Copy and Paste? Eh . . . not so much . . ?
    Ahh... I remember you having that problem now. And if I'm not mistaken, I think it was I who pointed you in the direction of the registry.

Funny how I was more knowlegable then than I am now (which reminds me of a Dylan song...)
    Tim