Thread: premire timeline starting to skip

Default premire timeline starting to skip

i have adobe premiere cs3... i have a very nice computer so its not the comp, but this use to never happen, but latley, when i start editing my videos on my time line, and when i preview them, they skip and plays fast like in fast forward motion... whats going on here? any suggestions?

thanks

What is the spec of your computer, is it a laptop or desktop model and what type of files are you trying to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    What is the spec of your computer, is it a laptop or desktop model and what type of files are you trying to play?
    its a computer and its top of the line custom made... it use to not skip and all that but now it does, when i preview it on the time line the audio is way off sometimes, skips all that

Just try simple computer maintananbce like defrag, antivirus, anti-spyware, defrag, back, defrag, remove un used programs, defrag.

Defragging is good for computers

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    Just try simple computer maintananbce like defrag, antivirus, anti-spyware, defrag, back, defrag, remove un used programs, defrag.

Defragging is good for computers

I know, I defragged about a month ago, ill try again!

I read somewhere that i might have too many codecs????

But thanks for the help!

IF that is the case then it would be codec interfering with each other but you sould only instal the codecs you need anyway, normally you only need the dv-avi codec which comes with windows.

If you have any codec packs, uninstal them and only instal the ones you need. Divx etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    IF that is the case then it would be codec interfering with each other but you sould only instal the codecs you need anyway, normally you only need the dv-avi codec which comes with windows.

If you have any codec packs, uninstal them and only instal the ones you need. Divx etc.

I found one codec in the remove program list in control settings and deleted it, still not working (maybe because I havn't restarted my computer after that?) where do I find all my codecs?

Normally in Add or REmove Programs but you've already looked there. sometimes they're on the start menu.