Thread: Wedding

Default Wedding

For those that know me, you'll know my daughter is getting wed next year...

Here's the thing. Due to being a part of this, I obviously can't film at the same time as being involved. So I'm on the hunt for three top notch camera operators to film the day. There will be no editing services required at all, simply filming. I will take possesion of tapes and edit myself.

I'm looking for people with their own gear, a proven track record (no newbies looking for experience please) and guys who can organise the shoot between themselves. I don't want to be thinking "there's a shot I would have filmed" all day long, or see cameramen elbowing each other out of the way to get a shot.

The ceremony is likely to be in north Nottinghamshire most likely on May 29th 2010.

Those selected will be fed and watered on the day.

Please PM me with your details if you're interested detailing your equipment and experience along with a link to a sample or two of your own work. I'm ideally looking for at least one cameraman equipped with Steadicam / Glidecam. Please include a quotation for your hourly rate.

Surely Mark W will do this for you...he loves doing weddings

Cheers,

GDR

Glad to see you practice what you preach Andy

Busy that day ....

Id throw my hat in the ring but Im in the states, But good luck in your search and congrats on the wedding
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Good on ya Andy for considering this very important day's video coverage.
    My opinion, for what it's worth, is to incorporate an operator with a cam crane into the day.
    Knowing you and yours are aware of their capabilties, this addition would make for some blistering shots during some aspects of the day. Ceremony entrance/exit/ photo session.
    Without wishing to turn the event into a circus and providing you can find sympathetic venue coordinators, the ceremony/1st dance would become something exceptional too.
    The only bugbear for most operators with serious experience would be the date commitment/loss of a full weddings revenue in exchange for film only.

I know it's a worthwhile investment and your daughter will too, wether its soon after the wedding, or more importantly, 30 years down the line it will be an awesome viewing experience.
    Well worth the effort you're taking!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Good on ya Andy for considering this very important day's video coverage.
    My opinion, for what it's worth, is to incorporate an operator with a cam crane into the day.
    Knowing you and yours are aware of their capabilties, this addition would make for some blistering shots during some aspects of the day. Ceremony entrance/exit/ photo session.
    Without wishing to turn the event into a circus and providing you can find sympathetic venue coordinators, the ceremony/1st dance would become something exceptional too.
    The only bugbear for most operators with serious experience would be the date commitment/loss of a full weddings revenue in exchange for film only.

I know it's a worthwhile investment and your daughter will too, wether its soon after the wedding, or more importantly, 30 years down the line it will be an awesome viewing experience.
    Well worth the effort you're taking!
    I couldn't agree more about a jib - but as you say finding someone willing to do filming only will be a struggle I think...

I don't think it'll turn into a circus - hopefully not anyway, but the venue could turn into a film set lookalike if I'm not careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    I ... but the venue could turn into a film set lookalike if I'm not careful!
    you make it sound like that's a BAD thing!

Bearing in mind that FOTB is a manic videomaker I think you should have a crane shot. Bride, Groom and Vicar with radio mics and a few lights (decently and considerately) placed so that the couple look at their best.

If you don't give your daughter a decent wedding-vid... Shame on you!

PS I've got a 4k which I retained in lieu of payment for a job... Now that would look REALLY impressive at the back of the choir!
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 06-05-2009 at 01:22 PM.

You could put a request in to Kevin at the IOV , perhaps you will get a better response, or try the DV Doctor forums...

Yep, defo go for the crane! -This is, after all a videomakers family wedding and won't be a surprise to any participants.
    In hindsight, I'm sure you'll get many passionate video producers willing to provide cover, especially if it's planned to be a ' let's see how good we really can make a wedding video' epic. - I'd recruit on that basis.
    I know when the late, great, Graham Fenton got married and was in the late stage of his illness, everyone with a cam was invited to provide a 'cam' guard of honour and pool their shots.
    Pretty sure the edit was a nightmare cause coverage was at saturation point, but your carefully planned and stylised version would be a nice tribute to the videomakers art.
    Go ferrit!
    Last edited by Zero; 06-06-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Andy - although I won't offer my services as I am currently involved in a project in Sussex due to last about 2 years (!!), I know it's ages away but I really hope that you have fantastic day (not behind the camera for once), your daughter has a fantastic day and you get all the footage you need to keep the memory.
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz