Thread: Archiving and extracting highlights from a football match

Default Archiving and extracting highlights from a football match

Hi guys,

Total noob - and I could really use some advice!

I have obtained Premiere Pro and have captured video footage of various football games. I want to achieve the following tasks:

1. Compress the source file for archiving, whilst retaining a decent enough level of quality that I can use again for mastering.

2. Extract the highlights from the match, as I will be using these on the web. What is the most efficient way? Please bear in mind the movie has already been captured to DV.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

Blog Entries

1. Compress the source file for archiving, whilst retaining a decent enough level of quality that I can use again for mastering.
    I recommend that you simply archive the footage by retaining the original DV tape. That way you build up a collection of footage without using HD space. Any compression greater than DV would result in more difficult Premiere editing.

2. Extract the highlights from the match, as I will be using these on the web. What is the most efficient way? Please bear in mind the movie has already been captured to DV.
    Not sure I understand the question. Capture the sections you want to your HD, then edit on the timeline and export to WMV.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the price of DV tapes means I cannot really afford to keep a hard copy on tape, that is why I am looking for archiving solutions.

Default Looking for Archiving Solutions

Hello,

Iam from a media service company and we offer digital publishing and archiving soultions to publications.

If you are Looking to transform documents into intelligent content to reach global audience then Please discuss with me to know more about our service and about the sophisticated technology we use.

If you are talking DV tape that is one thing, it might be worth having a miniDV cam to export your footage to. MiniDV tapes are not expensive, you can buy them in bulk for less than $3 each. Archiving to MiniDV tape is quite efficient and safe, much more so than DVD.

Here is a nice article on archiving
    http://videoinasnap.chuckengels.com/...gueststars.htm
    It is in reference to Premiere Elements but still has a good basic solution that also includes DVDs.
    Last edited by Chuck Engels; 01-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.