Thread: Creating Simple Video

Default Creating Simple Video

I am new to premiere but have watched about 15 lynda.com videos and I am very comfortable with the interface. I am very knowledgeable with Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver so I am not totally stupid.

My project is to take several still "slides" (images created in photoshop) and put them into a movie with some simple fade ins and outs to transition between slides. I need to create one movie in standard 4:3 and another in 16:9 widescreen.

I have two issues.

1. I can't get the images into premiere without loosing quality. I am using jpg files saved at 72dpi... I can save higher res up to 300 at any pixel dimension needed.

2. I can't get the images to size correctly on export. I have used multiple export settings but when the image exports I am getting a squished image with black bars on the left and right.

What size images do I need to bring in. I would guess they are different depending on the aspect ratio.

Thanks,

Scott

It is impossible to import pictures into an image and not loose quality because pictures tend to be huge, much larger than the actually size of the video's frame. so for it to fit, you need to scale it down thus reducing the image's quality.

What do you mean by "I can't get the images to size correctly on export"? You should be using the preview window to watch what you've done so far and where you are in the timeline. What you see here is exactly what you will get when you export.

What size images...well any size really, just import them normally, drag them onto the time line then go to the effect control window. and then in there adjust the scale so it fits into the video's frame.

Hey dude,

If you do a Batch convert for your pictures that you want into the DVD in Photoshop then they will all be the same size, if you dont know how to do that then e-mail me and ill show you how.

Once you have batch converted to the required size you should not have any problems.

Can you tell me what DVD / video creati9on sftware you are useing please? If its AE and Encore then easy, if its Windowns Movie Maker then im not your man.

Hope this helped.

Mitch