Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Text help.

Default Electric Text help.

I'm using Sony Vegas 8 Pro.

I'm trying to create a text intro using these electric text tutorials:

[video=youtube;17Goa4Uv_g8]"]First[/url], [url="[/video].

I want to render the video at HDV 720-25P [1280 x 720 @ 25 FPS], but both of these tutorials are rendering the video at 720 X whatever it is. Both of the videos get me to a certain point where I have to edit the axis of the lightning effect, and to re-size it to fit the size of the video. The only problem is that I can't edit the width of the lightning. I can edit the length, but it won't let me edit the width to fit to 1280 X 720. I'm stuck until I figure that out.

- Pete

I studied both Tutes, and the guys are using Track Motion to adjust the X:Y ratios. It is possible to "lock" either of these adjustments. First check to see if you have got any of them locked? This is a good feature if ever I need to constraint my adjustments to either the X or Y axis. You can see that one of them had a problem in constraining his adjustments to the vertical or rotation? If he had engaged the Y or NO Rotation lock this would not have happened. Vegas has a mass of valuable tools. It does take time to discover just what is possible - and then some!

Also confirm you have the edit freely in 3-D space engaged/checked.

Great tutorials, just wish the first chap spoke slower.

It wasn't the axis' that were locked, it was the aspect ratio. So, thank you for the help! You are a life saver.

- Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux View Post
    So, thank you for the help! You are a life saver.
    Nah! Just throw money at me! - You're very welcome.

Ok, now I have a new problem.

I've created my electric text intro, but now when I import a video and add it to the project, It's incredibly dark and I can barely see anything at all.

Post a screen grab of your Timeline including the settings of the Track Header. Sounds like you have a compositing setting mixed in with your creativity! - Or you have gain lowered on your Video . .. need to see that Timeline - otherwise, I too am shooting in the "dark".

As requested, though I wasn't sure what you meant by track header.

1] What is it that is under the Cursor? Like Track4 and below? Nothing?

2] What setting do you have in Track1 Track Header? I can see a "X" that indicates you have a compositing function live. What is it?

3] However, my FIRST guess would be that you DON'T have anything under Track2 to react to - BUT you have an "X" on Track1? And AS this is the Track above Track2 you are asking Vegas to composite against something that aint there?

Basically I am trying hard to understand your setup? Need more info. from you.

Track one has overlay, track two has source alpha. Is that what you mean? The fourth track is the lightning effect and nothing after that.

You've missed a set of instructions from the Tutorials. Go back to them and concentrate on the Track Header setups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast