Thread: New to Video editing

Default New to Video editing

hey all

I am new to video editing i need to know all bout it starting with how to turn a HD video into low quality to so upload size becomes low and low quality into HD
    also want to know how to put special effect videos in a common video and many more if there's any software to post it here or if its manually done wringh it down .Hope some one will help me pose some useful and easy to follow info

To answer a few of your questions, if you are dealing with HD footage in the first place then it generally depends on the editing software you are using (Vegas, Premier, Movier maker?) and the export settings.

When you finish editing your video you will export it, at this point you should have the options for quality and resolution of your final video. This will dictate the file size.

As from making a low quality video into HD, well you can't. Either get hold of the original files or.....well that's about it.

Effects to add to your video will also be software specific.

Hope this helps a little.

Can you please suggest me some good software's for video editing visual effects ,improving or depriving video quality etc

Post the official links below

This will give you the breakdown on editiong software

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Just remember if you hop right into a heavy duty editing enviroment like Sony Vegas Pro, expect a huge leaning curve, if your serious I feel it's better to bite the bullet first up, plenty of help here on those issues.

Easier to use packages tend to leave you frustrated once you know all their tricks.

Good luck.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video