Thread: video from still pictures

Default video from still pictures

Movie Studio Platinum 9.0

How to make a video clip by continuously zooming in or zooming out from a still photo? It is similar to the zoom-in and zoom-out on Google Earth.

How to make a video clip by continuously scanning from the left to the right of a still photo?

Thanks,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dennist View Post
    How to make a video clip by continuously zooming in or zooming out from a still photo? It is similar to the zoom-in and zoom-out on Google Earth.
    Pan and Crop

How to make a video clip by continuously scanning from the left to the right of a still photo?
    Pan and Crop

With all due respect, you really ought to run the interactive tutorials and look at the help files before posting here. Nearly all the questions you have posted so far to this forum would be considered to be exteremely basic.

The two questions you've asked here, for example, are covered in the interactive tutorial "How to Crop, Scale and Rotate Video". Now, you might not have known that that was the tutorial you needed to look at BUT, if you'd run through the tutorials, you wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

The Interactive Tutorials, Help File and User Manual (on the CD or available for download) are actually VERY GOOD.
    Tim

TimStannard,

Thanks for your quick support.

I just start using the video editing program. I can not comprehend quickly on the tutoring. I would have been posting basic questions, in your point of view, in this forum. Unfortunately, they are not basic questions to me.

I would like to learn if someone points me the right direction. For example, I went through the “How to Crop, Scale and Rotate Video” before. I just could not relate it to this situation. I am glad that you pointed me to review the tutorials in the “How to Crop, Scale and Rotate Video” area. It is exactly the help I need here. The problem is solved!

Video Overlay is another similar case. I could not find Overlay in the Content and Index of Help. Maybe it is hiding somewhere in the Help. If someone points me the right place, I will try to learn from it.

Blog Entries

Video Overlay is another similar case. I could not find Overlay in the Content and Index of Help. Maybe it is hiding somewhere in the Help. If someone points me the right place, I will try to learn from it.
    I'm glad you found a solution. My aim is not to prevent you learning but to help you to help yourself

As for overlay - that's a pretty vague term. What are you trying to do exactly.

Fundamentally the higher the video is on the timeline, the higher its priority. In other words if you have anything on track 1, it will hide anything on track 2 and anything on track 2 will hide anything on track 3 etc.

With an "overlay" normally you want some of the video on the lower track to show through. To achieve this you need to ensure that the higher track has a transparent areas (this can be achieved by using smething called the alpha channel or by using chroma keying - but I suspect we're getting ahead here a bit.

The best way you can start to learn about overlays is to play with titles. Put a video track on track 2 then insert a text media on track 1. A standard text media has a transparent background. (Look up titles in the help/tutorials - sorry I'm not on a machine with Vegas at the moment so can't be precise))
    Tim