Thread: What is an Adobe

Default What is an Adobe

What

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much, the man plants a seed in the woman's stomach, and a beautiful butterfly appears.

What is an adobe?
    It's a sun-dried brick! I thought everyone knew that!

Blog Entries

Erm, wasn't the original question "what is an adobe premiere file"? Is someone deleting posts? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Erm, wasn't the original question "what is an adobe premiere file"? Is someone deleting posts? Hmmmmmmmmm?
    I saw that question yesterday but didn't really understand it. Seemed to be asking what the file type was for the files labelled as 'Adobe Premiere File'. I simply decided not to answer with the obvious, open Windows Explorer and show file type for known types to find out the answer was likely AVI or similar.

If the original post was edited would that be why I picked it up as a 'new' post this morning? I though it was an odd question.

Anyway, I answered it correctly though

Blog Entries

Yes, yes, yes:

Adobe is one of man's first building materials. The mass of the adobe walls will absorb heat and radiate it back out into the house at night. In the summer the converse is true. Thus the swing in temperature inside the house is very mild. For thousands of years adobe houses have represented the practical wisdom of people who learned how to use the materials at hand to build homes that fitted the climate and landscape in which they lived. Adobe making runs back to the time of Pharaoh who withheld from the children of Israel the straw for sun-baked bricks. Adobe construction also embodies strands of our southwestern history. When the Spaniards came to New Mexico they found the Indians using adobe, wood, and stone to house themselves. The Indians did not make bricks, but "puddled" the mud allowing each layer to dry before adding more. Adopting these materials the Spanish made moveable sun-baked bricks, formal fireplaces, and wooden doors. "Adobe" is a Spanish word derived from the Arabic "atob," which literally means sun-dried brick. The Spanish brought to the the Southwest the craft of forming the mud into blocks in wooden molds which is still used today.

http://www.homeownernet.com/articles/adobe.html