Thread: the walking man

Default the walking man

Check out my video

let me know what you think...

2. Default

well, the cuts weren't the smoothest, the handheld makes it seem jolty, so a steadier camera would be better.

the filter was really cool though

and also you can see the person filmings shadow

but good job

hmmm... well I really dont know what to say.. Im asuming you new at this.. I can see you were trying to artsy.. but the guality just wasnt there.. shakey camera work. it wasnt that fluid.. and seemed to have no plan or storyline.. Id sit down and rethink this video..
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

C'mon guys, this is clearly a kid with a new toy trying something out. Don't be too hard. It's clearly an experiment with "effects" rather than an attempt at a complete film.

I'm guessing you're trying for a look similar to a TV ad that's doing the rounds in the UK, which shows a guy walking through a number of different locations. Looks like the guy is shot in one continuous shot and the backgrounds are separate. He interacts with the backgrounds as well so it doesn't look green screened.

Anyway, this contributer's whill have learnt from his experiment that just having (some of) the tools is only a very minor part of the process.

The shakey camerawork and processed film looks are possibly an attempt to hide/detract from the jump cuts.

A useful experiment - though most filmmakers would realise the faults and not post it for criticism.
    Tim

Hi Tim, I understand that hes new and just learning, My comments weren't made to bash him. I was mearly pointing thigs out to try and him grow as a filmmaker. Which is the intent of the feedback section. I look forward to watching him grew as filmmaker. This video dose show promise seeing how its his first attempt. I will try to be more possitive and encourging to the newcomers in the future
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    My comments weren't made to bash him. I was mearly pointing thigs out to try and him grow as a filmmaker.
    Yeah, I know. I was just trying to give him something with a bit less of a negative vibe (unusual for me, I know)
    Tim