Thread: My First profssional music video and my first post

Default My First profssional music video and my first post

Hi everybody, I have been asked to produce a music video for an up and coming Rapper from London. I have made music videos before, but only for university projects, for pleasure etc. I was hoping i might might be able to get some advice here about which equipment you would reccomend using. My main talent lies within editing and i have a decent imac with all the software i need, so i am basically looking for advice on which camera i should hire. The experience i have has been using DV cameras so i would like to stick with that approach, however i would like the picture quality to be exceptional. I myself am not a great cameraman but i have asked a friend who is, to help me with this project and in the past he has used JVC and panasonic Dv cameras. I have spoken with the artist about potential ideas and some of the video will be shot inside a night club so if anyone knows any cameras that work well indoors that would be a great help. There is a small budget for this video so if anyone knows where i can hire cheap camera equipment/lighting in the U.K (preferably London/Surrey) that would be fantastic. Thanks for your time every body

Lighting will be key especialy in pubs and low light areas.. Sony seems to do better in low light then others.. I dont where you would be able to rent equip. Im not in the UK. If you can go HD I would you'll be happier with the outcome.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2