Thread: Canon HV20

1. Default Canon HV20

I was looking around for a camera that would fit my tiny budget when I stumbled upon this.

Does anyone here have any experience with this camera? I would be looking to use this as my main camera (keep in mind that I'm not exactly producing the next jaws, but I would like my video to look somewhat professional). Is this camera still a viable option?

Also, I read online that this camera can also be used as a capture card (analogue to digital converter). Has anyone tried this for use to transfer old Tapes (VHS) to dvd?

Finally, are there any big differences between the HV30 and HV20 that would give me a good reason to upgrade?

Thanks in advance to all that reply,
    - Videonoob2233

Blog Entries

I have played with the '20 and found that it's a very nice little camera. I gather that there aren't any major differences between the 20 and the 30 which would justify the extra cost.

I'm not sure about the A/D converter but, if I find out, I'll let you know.

one thing the HV30 has that the HV20 dosen't is 30p mode.. I dnt really know what else

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

4. Default

Sorry I didn't check the forum last night (busy). Thanks for the info. Does anyone else have further answers/comments? Also, anyone tried the irv focus ring?

I just did a rack focus test today with the HV30. Im uploading now to youtube... It seems to work pretty good although the quality of my video isn't the best since it was shot hd uploaded to sd then rerendered back to hd... Once I get that firewire cable it'll come out better..

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2