Thread: Video Jumping Around After Being Rendered With Sony Vegas 9.0 Platnum Edition

Default Video Jumping Around After Being Rendered With Sony Vegas 9.0 Platnum Edition

I hope this is the right place this time a mod said to repost my post in the Vegas section and this is all I saw. I'm new here I found this forum just because of needing help on this problem.

Hi,

I just got Vegas 9.0 Platinum Edition so I could do more with my videos. For some reason my first Vegas rendered video jumped around in the video despite my using the exact same settings that my cameras built in editor Flipshare uses. Well that is once Filpshare converts the raw video to wmv first because the mp4 format the cam shoots in can't be imported. Unless I misunderstood.

Here's my latest video

Here's a earlier video to compare it to

Also to save time this video shows the exact settings I've been using

As you can see no idea why it's jumping around. Is it because there were those little tiny white gaps in between video clips is there a way to fix those, that I'm not aware of? Should I not have bumped the frame rate to 30 fps even and just left it as 29.700 or whatever the default HD number is I can't remember. Or perhaps wmv is not the format I should be rendering in for youtube? Any help would be great and thanks!

Blog Entries

Right section dude

You tube videos often get jerky - it looks to me like the typical problems with you tube.

Do the files you uploaded look jerky when you played them on your PC?

Ok good thanks. Well my raw files always play back a bit jerky when shot in mp4 but once my camera converts them to wmv for importing they work great. My earlier video was done with my cameras built in editor it's so basic the sound and editing options suck but the encoding which is also wmv comes out smooth. When I took the latest video to Vegas it did play a bit jumpy but I just thought it was because I handn't bumbed the framerate to 30 fps yet but then the problem carried over to youtube. So I thought since I'm new to Vegas that I'm just doing something wrong.