Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice Video Editor

Default Novice Video Editor

Hi,

I am a "mom" video editor. I have old videos from my analog camera as well as new videos on my digital camera that I'd like to edit and transfer to DVD to be able to store and watch.

I was using Pinnacle Studio 9 (I think) which was recommended to me and it was easy to use. However I was using it with a crappy computer so it would take forever, would freeze, etc. I got a new computer and was excited to start again and found out that the Pinnacle Studio I have doesn't work with Vista.

So now years later I'm looking for a suggestion again on a video editing software that I can use. I'm not technical or anything so software that's good and easy to use would be great.

Thanks!
    Stacy

I've fount Adobe Premiere Elements to be really good. Its pretty cheap off Amazon.com and whats more that latest versions are fully Vista compatible!

Hoo Rah

Blog Entries

I also rec vegas by sony.

Thanks. I've never heard of the Vegas by Sony but there seems to be a lot of them out there. Is there a specific one?

You could also try the latest version of Pinnacle which is now compatible with Vista.

Blog Entries

Many users to the board have found pinaccle to be buggy and limiting.

Vegas ( lite versions ) and prem elements are both reuced feature ' pro ' editors with a broad user base and tend to be more favoured.

Most apps can be dowloaded free to try, that is your best bet.

There are issues with any of the popular editing programmes but if the lady wants something which is easy to use (and has a modestly powerful PC) Pinnacle is a good choice in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Tsk - You may or may not own it and love it but traffic on this forum over the last few years shows that pinaccle has had many many more issues than all the others.

It is helpful for me to point this out I think.

Thanks to both of you!

I still didn't get an answer on what Vegas version to try out. I did like Pinnacle. That's why I came here. Back when I looked before Pinnacle was the most popular so that's what I got. And it was pretty easy so that was good too.

I'm trying to find something that is good and easy to use.

Is Vegas easy to use?

Blog Entries

Pinaccle is easier for the novice user but people do sometimes find they become frustrated with its limitations.

Vegas and premier - cos they are devolved pro type editors look harder at first with an initial steep learning curve but they are more capable if you want to really get into film making.

As ofr vegas versions - check on the sony vegas site - there are several at different price points with different ease of use and limitations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast