Thread: first video attempt (newbie)

1. Default first video attempt (newbie)

a complete newbie at this stuff. i first started taking up photography a year ago, and it has now led me to making videos and editing. i do all this completely for fun by the way. i'll stick to my day time job (as in study).

i don't have a dedicated camcorder yet. i'm still using my camera, which it is capable of 720p hd. i used it to take this video. sucks, because i can't zoom, and there is practically no manual or focus control available. planning to get a dedicated camcorder, but not right now!

for the video editing, i had a lot of fun using sony vegas. especially playing with the color stuff... had no idea what i was doing, but kept tuning until i liked it. also some other stuff i can't remember i did.

here is the link: Watch HD Videos Online - gd moring

edit: i just clicked on the link, and just to let you know, it takes forever to load (or maybe my internet is just slow?)
    Last edited by goonerman007; 05-25-2009 at 06:07 PM.

i liked that. where is it?

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

3. Default

thx, was taken in poznan, poland. i got lucky, was a very nice day and the colors just kind of popped out from all over the place.

it looks like a nice area.. very touristy.. I found the reverse effect interestioning.. nothing real fancy about it just a fun visual video

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

5. Default

i liked it, good job, great colors and quality

6. Default

thx oilmanrich

recently i've been seeing some really cool 'tilt shift' stuff on vimeo. most of them are 'faked' with software. i really want to give it a try, so perhaps that will be the next experiment!

That looks stunning, I love a bit of reverse video..

To be honest I did not watch the whole clip as it was taking forever to download, either bad servers, or a huge file..not sure

I believe the internet has a little way to go before we really enjoy online video, no one will ever wait for a video to load, life's too short.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video