Thread: Need help with rendering format

Default Need help with rendering format

Me and some friends at school have made a Powerade Commercial for a schoolproject. I use Sony Vegas 9 Pro to edit it with. I've tried a lot of different options and rendering formats, but haven't found one I really like yet. Tomorrow we are going to show it off to our class and we have to give the teacher a CD/DVD with it on. The camera we have used is a Canon HF10 Full HD camera (the movies get saved in the format .mts). Okay, so I imported it into Vegas edited it and used the following properties "PAL Standard / IMX Widescreen (720x576; 25,000 fps)" I thought that would be best since I live in Europe. Then I clicked Render As and rendered it as an AVI file with the template "Uncompressed". The movie is 3 minutes long with lots of auido so it took 5-7 minutes to render. The AVI file I got was 8 gig! :O The picture was very good, very good sound, and the slow-motion effects worked out well. But since it was way too big I rendered it with the template PAL DV Widescreen. Now it became only 730mb, the picture was good, sound was good but the slow-motion effects didn't work out. And since I wanted to upload it to youtube I rendered it again, but now as an .mpg file (MPEG-1), and it became 30mb. Here is the upload: [ame=""]YouTube - Parkour Powerade Commercial[/ame]
    Even though it's a black letterbox around the movie, the picture and sound is okay for Youtube. I also tried rendering the movie as a MPEG-2 file, with the PAL Widescreen option, but again, the slow-motion didn't work out (it wont become slow-motion, just laggy). So the problem is I have to find a format (like AVI) that I can put on a CD/DVD, give to my teacher so she can play it with like Windows Mediaplayer. In HD the movie wont start or just is unwatchable, dont know why. In PAL MPEG-1 it works, but I want better quality (since it is going to be played at a big projector). Uncompressed AVI is to big, and compressed AVI the slow-motion wont work.

I'm really thankful for all help

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Suggest you set your project properties to PAL DV Widescreen and render as an avi using the PAL DV Widescreen template.

Alternatively render an MPEG-2 and create a video DVD.

I don't think you'll be using IMX The IMX Format

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Bloody kids - look you dont render to what you ' like ' - you redner to what is correct.

If your original is dv or worse render a best version to DV.

For dvd creation render a compliant mpeg.

For webcasting and you tube upload there perhaps are personal pecadilloes. I use 720p 3mbit - this triggers so called HD option on the tube.